Friday, May 21, 2010

20 year Milestone

I was honored at the School District's Recognition Dinner last night. For twenty years of service to the district, where I have missed but 2 days sick in 21 years. I was humbled by the many others who were also honored last night, and very pleased with this milestone accomplishment. My neighbor, Harry Hicks is a board member who passed the greeting, another board member Harold Shorts was a teacher in my elementary, and a colleague, and now a board member. I received a grand hug. The retiring Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent also wonderfully greeted me with hugs. I was among new teachers, retirees, and many others with 30+ years of service. It was a special gathering.

I'm not a spring-chicken and the rigor is beginning to wear me thin, and tire me out. I hope to be able to provide another 14 years of service to the district, the students and my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment