Monday, June 28, 2010

Thank you Mike Aquilina!

If you have a need to watch movies, such as Angels and Demons,  Lost Symbol or the DiVinci Code, it would help to put all the background into perspective by informing yourself with some quick reads by Mike Aquilina.  Here are some of the latest I recommend:




Signs and Mysteries -  Revealing Ancient Christian Symbols -
   which makes me want to have these signs all over my home!   I have a Fish Vessel and  the Vine/Grapes.  There are 24 more that would complement any Christian Home!  Aquilina explains chapter by chapter, each symbol with appropriate illustrations to show the original appearance on everyday items of early Christians. 
Try this one:



You will be more aware of the role of the heavenly hosts, and more aware of their presence in our lives.  We are reminded our our guardian, and the guardian of others.   
This quick read includes angel prayers! 

The Fathers of the Church



I have this book on my KINDLE, and I'm still in the middle of it.  Also insightful for the lay reader.   Helpful to those of us, who are unable to visit Vatican archives and research for ourselves.



2 comments: