Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Conrad Kraus

Faithful servant, kind priest, good-bye.

Today, I took a personal day from work, to attend the funeral Mass for Msgr. Conrad L. Kraus. I was privileged to have been a parishioner under his tenure. He trained the first Eucharist ministers, and I am one. He taught from a book, "A Most Holy Office."

I will never forget what he did to re-energize our parish, teach liturgy, create meaningful celebration, and tie to all together with his artful touch, and gentle instruction. We now had Eucharistic Ministers, female altar servers, a rightful Tridium celebration, and fabulous modern music.

He came at the right time. When he left to further his studies, we missed him. And like my mother, I lost one I loved twice, when he left, and when he entered into Eternal Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment