Saturday, May 2, 2009

22 more days...

It is with great pleasure that I announce it is May and there are 22 more instructional days required of me to do my job. I am looking forward to the final day with these students. There are too many sassy students, too many rude students, too many students with issues who aren't in the correct placement.

At this time in the year, it is somewhat better, since the total numbers have gone down, and those who moved were mostly bad boys or behavior problems. At least half a dozen boys withdrew or moved, or have an alternative schedule. Two were Learning Support, one out of control, the other, well, a nice way to put it, couldn't handle the workload. Another was out on drugs, and the remaining 3 had family issues, or chose homeschooling. I can recall one girl who moved, so all in all, my workload was reduced by 7 - gone are Dan, Jacob, Jesse, Zavrye, Anthony, Jordan, David.

Shamefully, I do not enjoy teaching these students. May they go in peace, or just go.

No comments:

Post a Comment