Saturday, May 16, 2009

Little Princesses & Princes!

What makes students believe that the teacher is their servant? That must be because I am a servant. I teach, I spend hours working on their assignments, and grading their work, and preparing a lesson they'll do, and one that applies and is helpful. I am not a slave, however.

I had a girl show up in a sweat to class, again the last English class of the day, telling me she was so hot and sweaty, and could I go open a window? Mind you, she never asks without drama and in a loud manner, in which everyone can hear her request, or should I say, demand. I was seated, and had prepared the SMART board for the next presentation, and had a patient student who was waiting at the front of the class to present.

I thought to myself, what? Sit there quietly, and still, so you cool off. I am not your slave.
Next, I was still.
Be Still, and Let GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment