Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Work with Such Amazing People!

I really enjoy the many wonderful staff members, with whom I work.
  • The teacher next to me, is retiring at at the end of this school year. I will miss him. When he first came to this school attendance area, he was my 7th grade Geography teacher, back in 1973. 5 years later, he was my senior government teacher. He is the best! He will also be very difficult to replace.
  • The technology coordinator just helped put together an incredible and amazing lesson on biography using MoviePlayer for me! It was so professional and the kids will have a super end project.
  • I am so amazed by the learning support staff and how they work to help these students with learning disabilities and low reading levels to be successful.
  • Our art teachers are so superior, that the artwork that fills the halls could easily be mistaken for professional work.
  • The Science department just did an outstanding job presenting a content reading assessment to the 500+ students in grades 7-11. I have no words to describe this undertaking.
  • We gathered in the cafeteria on Inauguration Tuesday to view history on a large screen as the streaming feed from CNN brought the event to our little spot in NW PA.
  • One teacher is so wonderful about bringing in his organic eggs, fresh from his chickens, safe from hormones and chemicals. He sells them to us at $1.25 a dozen. He barely covers the cost of feed. Another teacher grows asparagus and we get homegrown bunches for $3.00 in the spring that are as organic as it gets.
  • One teacher makes sure that the birthday list for all staffers is distributed and that our "Golden Apple" teachers are recognized. We have had three local golden apple teachers and one Millkein Award winner.
  • Our students get to attend as many trips each grade level that would rival other schools, because my fellow staffers are ingenious with funding and find ways to use community service components into the trips.
  • This is one of the reasons that coming to work is worth my time - I enjoy the great people, with whom I work. I value their advice, contributions to education, their input, and their support and expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment