Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Too Busy to stop the Madness


Busy, Busy, Busy. I am at the wire, trying to get my grades completed before the quarterly grades are due at the office. I have many students who did very little this grading cycle and hardly paid any attention to what we have done all year. They do not appreciate all the work I do for them. They are still lying, deceiving their parents, deceptively keeping total truth from their parents about their classroom performance.

I am disgusted by the behavior of the boys. One individual finally was nailed for what several of them had been doing. They were taking turns, dropping their pants below the buttocks, and bending over or showing their rears to the class, but mostly directed at me. I was appalled. This is sexual harassment, and I have no more cheeks to turn. I don't know how much more of this garbage I am expected to take. I do not want to see any of these students in my classroom again. They will get no high marks from me, nor recommendations to any organizations of honor, that require integrity. That is my only recourse. I am finished with them. Even the "so called good" students are not always good. They are mouthy, pushy, insistent, sassy, and also disrespectful.

I am strongly looking forward to Easter, and I only have Good Friday off. I am back to school on Easter Monday. The glorious summer cannot come soon enough! A bit more suffering of Lent to go through and my Lord beside me all the way. He is the only way I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment