Friday, March 6, 2009

March Arrived


It is about time for PSSA, the State School Assessments. I can feel the year winding down. The home DSL is finally repaired, and I made it this week to talk about it. I didn't have a way to work at home on my school work, and this has kept me from staying on top of my work. A teacher cannot afford a hiatus, or a shut-down of equipment, or even home internet service, without it daunting a teacher workload. It is almost spring, and I'm feeling better from the bronchitis.

We set the clocks ahead this weekend. I hate losing that hour. I will need my summer before I feel adjusted.

My students have been fighting their reading, the historical novel, Killer Angels, by the late Michael Shaara. I helped them with undertanding Point of view, grand metaphor; sensory approach to reading, and set up a comprehension summary writing for the chapters to keep them on track. I walked them through so much, and have some students really trying. They will use Inspiration to show their learning, and I hope they enjoy their end product. It is wide-open, allowing them to choose their template, and create a product that shows what interested them about the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment