Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pennsylvania TESTING

It's that time of year, PSSA testing. I was formally observed, English teacher - responsible for the reading and writing, one who serves on the committee for reading and writing testing advisory for the district, on the Thursday before. My class went well, despite 6 students continuing to enter late. Students worked with a program called INSPIRATION, and enjoyed their class. So my prayers were answered. The day went well, and my planning paid off. I hope that one of these days, the principal will see something DISTINGUISHED in the teaching level and through his observation. It has yet to happen, from one of his finest, to be seen as anything but P to the Fourth. That would simply be Proficient in all categories, and Distinguished in none. At least I have not been found to be only Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory. Very disturbing when a teacher who works as hard as my collegues do, and are found in those two categories.

My students will be testing this next week, and here's to a week of proof that they are intelligent and care about their academic progress and academic performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment