Sunday, April 12, 2009

Joyous Easter!

I am so happy it is Easter! I look forward to the next few weeks, as we wind down another year of school. I am not very pleased that we lost our EASTER Monday to a snow day. But, I am ready to begin the week, nonetheless. My husband will be off on Mondays, due to slowdowns at work, and it will help him find time to get a few house chores done this spring, without jamming too much with Spring Baseball, volleyball, and band concerts.

It bothers me that the School boards responsible for putting together the 2008-09 calendar disregarded the religious significance of Easter either from ignorance or ulterior motives, thus denying thousands affected by this decision to call snow days when 2-hour delays could have been utilized over some far-fetched notion that teachers would not be "working" during those 2 hours! Do they honestly want teachers to track every spare minute given up that is not part of the actual work hours with students, but is instead, for students? They could not afford my overtime research and development!

A prayer again: For the Sake of His Sorrowful Passion,
Have Mercy On Us, and On the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment