Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More Disrespect

Today, My students were prepped on their Novel Portfolio project narrative, where they research a topic, related to Civil War, from a perspective of a participant of the time period. They can use journal, news report, essay, or artistic presentation, such as poetry to express their understanding of the novel Killer Angels. They have worked on many components, and this is the end project. It is looking so good, but yet, in most classes, students talked over me, carried on their own conversations and knocked my Civil War books on the floor. Yesterday, some of the same individuals, tossed a heavy dictionary and a paperback vocabulary book around without setting it back on the proper shelf, less than two feet from where both books were thrown!
I continue to wonder why?
I introduced them to some excellent poetry selections, and options from a wide variety of sources, web links and other resources that integrate technology, as well as permit the use of online quick-time or download to Itunes. Most kids were respectful, but I found my resources under desks, on desks, on the floor, without names, and without the short important notes I gave them all for the future projects.
I feel defeated.
I try not to let these students get to me, but their behavior is bizarre. I continue to ask the Lord to guide me, and be with me.
Be with me Lord, when I am in trouble, be with me oh Lord, I Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment